Many people have long list of “To Do” items in their resolution before new year. One of the popular to-do things will be losing weight. However, three to four months later, most have either forgot about it or totally given up due to lack of motivation.
It is not too late to lose weight. No doubt, diet plan, workout schedule and joining a gym all are good plans. But, if they only look good on paper, they are still useless if they are so overwhelming that you lose steam after two days. I will share with you some of the easy ways which you can do daily to lose weight.
- If you drink tea or sugar, cut down the sugar in it.
- Instead of drinking soda, drink water. If water is too plain, add a slice of lemon into it.
- Keep the fruit bowl topped up and put it on your desk, in front of TV or any place which you access often.
- Have a big salad as one of the dishes in your evening meal, three times a week.
- Reduce the size of your dinner plate. The normal size is 10 to 14 inches in diameter. Use 7 to 9 inches diameter plate instead. The less food the plate can take, the less you will eat.
- Eat slow. Put your fork and spoon aside every two bites. Stop and sip water frequently. If you eat slowly enough, your brain will catch up to tell you that you are no longer in need of food. Eating too fast may make you eat past fullness.
- Replace the fruit flavor yogurt with plain yogurt. If you miss the flavor, add the real fruit and add it into the plain yogurt.
- Walk the kids to school. Walk for lunch. Bring your dog for a walk at least 3 times a week. Take the stairs instead of lift or elevator. Get up and walk around the office or your home for five minutes at least every two hours. Get a pedometer and walk more.
- Brush you teeth immediately after lunch and dinner. Clean and minty freshness will tell your brain that mealtime is over.
- Wash the car yourself once a week. Don’t have car, wash the floor, bathroom tile or windows at home.
- Watch 30 minutes less of television program daily.
Now, pick any of the 3 things above and do them consistently for three months. All the activities are small changes. The reason I want you to keep it for 3 months because once you can do it, it will become a habit automatically.
After 3 months, come back and tell me how things going on your end. I would like to hear from you.
Category: Weight Loss
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.