Here are few tips to help you to boost your metabolism by eating. Yes, you read it correct. Eat to boost metabolism so that you can burn more calories. Read on to find out more.
- You actually need more calories to digest protein than it takes to digest carbohydrates or fats. Good protein sources include fish, skinless chicken breast, eggs, and tofu. However, do not switch to excessively high protein food. Too much protein and not enough other nutrients may harm your body. When you shop for your carbohydrates food, go for complex carbohydrates.
- Spicy foods such as chili, curries and peppers may heat up your metabolism. Now, you have a another good reason to eat Indian, Mexican or Thai food. In fact, adding spices to your food is better than adding salty or fatty ingredients like mayonnaise. However, do not get so obsessed with this tip and have excessive spicy food every meal. Once a week is fine.
- Your body also burn more calories when digesting fiber. The amount of calories required to process the food can sometimes be almost as much as the calories in the food itself. This effect is “thermic effect” which the food has the so called “negative calories”. These foods include oranges, strawberries, grapefruit, carrots, apricots, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, watermelon, cauliflower, and apples. These foods are often low in calories and they often be consumed within a weight-loss diet to relieve the feeling of hunger without adding greatly to total caloric intake. If you plan to take only these foods for your three meals, don’t even think about it. Eating a diet limited to only these foods could lead to malnutrition. I highly recommend them for your snack though.
- Eat breakfast. Skipping breakfast slows down your metabolism. Start your day with a healthy breakfast like having high-fiber unsweetened cereal or oatmeal in the morning. Check out this article- Why You Should Not Skip Breakfast and What To Eat For Breakfast?
- Drink water. Water is not really a food, but, drinking water actually speeds up weight loss. Water itself is a natural appetite suppressant. Some people believe that cold water will increase the caloric burn, but the heating process is actually very minimal.
In order to lose weight, no doubt, increasing metabolism is important. You have to burn more calories than you consume to slim down. Eating the above food can only bring your so far. You should not just sit there and eat the above 5 foods and hoping you can shed your fat away. Ultimately, you still need exercise to get your metabolism going.
Category: Weight Loss
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.
Found what you were looking for? If not, try searching for it below.