I have introduced elliptical machine earlier, now let’s look at some of the tips in using it:
- Many use elliptical machine because they can work out their arms and legs at the same time. However, you don’t have to hold on the handles all the time. By not holding them, you work on your core muscles to stay balance while moving. Only when you go faster, then you should hold on the moving handles. For me, if I go faster, I prefer not to hold them as I just don’t feel comfortable to “compromise” on my speed with the grip on the handles.
- Some elliptical trainers offer incline that you can increase or decrease while working out. You can adjust it accordingly to change the difficulty of the exercise. By doing this, your body will work harder and burn more calories.
- While one school of though encourage you to grab hand weights and swing your arms while striding, others think it does harm than good. I recommend you to go for both and see what fit you the most.
- Try to do backward movement too in addition to the common forward direction. By doing this, you will use different muscles. So, take advantage of this flexibility to burn more calories.
- If you are training for cardiovascular benefits, aim to keep your strides per minute in between 140 and 160. If you want to burn fat, pay attention to your heart rate instead.
So, these are the 5 tips for you to have more fun in using elliptical machine while helping to burn more calories. Try them and let me know how it goes.
Check out some of the recommended elliptical machines from Amazon.
One of the popular mid range elliptical machines – Schwinn 460 Variable Stride Elliptical Trainer
Category: Fitness Gadget/Equipment
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.
Found what you were looking for? If not, try searching for it below.