As adults, we tend to think we know all and seldom we are willing to learn from kids. When I mentioned learning from kids, it may not be sitting down in the classroom and asking questions. It can be just by observing a group of kids interacting with each other.
One of the things we can learn from kids or even toddles is about healthy lifestyle.
- Every activity can be fun. Kids move around all the time, not because they know about health benefits, but because it is fun to do so. They crawl, they walk, they run, they jump and they climb. That was one time I saw my cousin brother crawling after his elder sister and when I grabbed him up, he just kept moving his legs and hands as if he was still going. Kids are crazy about constant motion. Yet some adult forget that exercise can be fun. For them, they exercise because it is a must-do routine to stay healthy. Learn from kids, the more you move, the more energetic you will feel and the better shape you will become.
- Kids like to run. They don’t walk when they can run. In an adult world, may be you shouldn’t drive when you can walk to reach the place. Don’t take escalator when you can use stair case.
- Don’t be shy because you don’t know. Kids are never bothered with their lack of knowledge or qualifications. They try even if they have never done something before. If they fall, they get up and try again. If they fail, they don’t punish themselves. Adults are comfortable with habit. We shy away from unfamiliar activities. Because of that, we miss out opportunities or experience. The next time you are puzzling about joining a yoga classes, walk into the studio and try it. Don’t know about tennis, get someone who knows and teach you. Try. And keep trying.
- Kids stop eating when they are full. They can have few bites of their food and then turn their heads away. We adult seldom stop at the last scoop. We order more or go for a jumbo meal.
- Children love sleeping. They go to bed early. Adults stay up late for television show.
- Kids enjoy the learning process whereas adult emphasis more on end result and we want it fast.
So, the next time you are looking for weight loss success from books, television or magazine, may be you can be a bit observant and you may find answers from the kids. When we act like kids, the world may suddenly opens up.
Category: Other Fitness/Sports Articles
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.