Some people have blamed their weight gain or their unhealthy eating habits are caused by their office work which they spend most of their time sitting in front of the desktops. Now, wait no more. Take a look at these 7 easy ways you can do to control your weight and also eat healthier, even if you are in the office.
- Eat breakfast at home. I know some people prefer to have their breakfast at the cafeteria. However, most will skip it because by the time they reach the office late due to traffic jam or some other reasons, they tend to sit down and start checking e-mails or reading news. Do not torture your body by starving it, moreover first meal in the day is very important. If you skip breakfast, you will be more likely to indulge in the closest food available, especially fast food or calorie high donuts.
- Prepare your own lunch at least once a week. I know this is tough, especially for guys. Try it once though. You can better control the nutritional content and will probably also save money. Set your alarm 15 minutes earlier than usual and use the extra time to make a packed lunch. Include whole grains, lean protein and vegetables. Keep it simple. It can be just a ham and lettuce sandwich on wholemeal bread, with a handful of tomatoes on the side. Choose high-fiber bread and high-protein, low-fat fillings such as grilled fish or skinless chicken. Use mustard or ketchup as a spread instead of mayonnaise or butter.
- For lunch in other days, go out to get your food. Go for a brisk walk instead of driving (assuming the restaurant is not too far). Take the staircase instead of lift (assuming you are not working at the 64th floor).
- In fact, take regular breaks from sitting at your desk to stretch your muscles. These measures not only relieve boredom, but also help prevent problems such as repetitive strain injury. By relieving boredom, you will be distracted you from cravings for snacks.
- Many like to eat snack when they are working. Do not eat sweet or biscuits. Replace them with fruit or low fat crackers as snack.
- Coffee is addictive. Try herbal tea instead. Better still, drink plain water. Take regular sips.
- Brush your teeth after lunch. I know, this tip sounds odd. By having fresh feeling mouth will keep you from snacking on sweets and thus helping with weight control.
Arming with these 7 tips, try to make at least 4 of them part of your routine in your office and I am sure you will maintain your weight pretty well.
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.