Bicycle Maneuver (Bicycle Crunch) is a great abdominal exercise to work on obliques (side of your abs) and rectus abs (the the long flat muscles along the front sides of the abdomen = 6-pack portion).
- Lie on your back on an exercise mat or carpeted surface. Make sure your lower back is pressed against the floor. Put your hands close to your head and fingers touch lightly on the side of our head.
- Raise your legs and bend your knees so that your thigh are about 90 degree angle to the floor. Your lower legs are just above parallel to the floor.
- Curl up and bring your left elbow toward your right knee. Extend the other leg out as far as is comfortably for you without arching your back. It is like you are riding a bike.
- Alternate sides, continuing the motion back and forth.
- For beginner, do 2 sets of 10 repetitions.
- Keep the motion slow.
- Remember, do not just flap your elbow across your body, actually rotate your shoulder across and squeeze your abs.
- Do not pull on the head or shoulder with your hand. Instead, focus in feeling the abdominal contraction.
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.