One Leg Plank On The Floor is a variation of plank. Just like plank, it works your abdominal muscle, lower back and glutes. This workout is also known as Elbow Plank With Leg Raise or Prone Plank with Leg Raise. This workout is an advanced abs exercise. When you balance one leg, those muscles I mentioned earlier work much harder to stabilize your body.
- Lie down in a plank position, with both forearms on the floor.
- Now, raise one leg slowly while not allowing your hips to shift side to side. Keep your hips slightly elevated throughout the entire movement. Pull your abdominal muscle towards your spine and squeeze your butt muscles while keeping your body in alignment (you are in a straight line from the top of your head through your shoulders, hips and feet.). Your forearms are still in contact with the floor.
- Hold for 10 to 30 seconds.
- Repeat with the other leg.
- You do not have to lift your leg too high. Just lift high enough (slightly lower than shoulders) to activate your glutes, and maintain control of your pelvis.
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.