Double-plate press is a not so common compound exercise. It looks easy, but it can be challenging.
Why Try Double-Plate Press?
The reason I put this exercise under abs because I found that my abs work the hardest among all the muscle groups. This fantastic workout builds your abs, chest, biceps and shoulders. Take away your glove and it will train your grip too.
- Get a pair of 5 lbs or 10 lbs plates. Don’t be too ambitious, better start with light weight.
- Stand holding two weight plates together close to your chest. Smooth side out. Your fingers should point forward.
- Squeeze the plates and extend your arms straight out in front of you.
- Pause, then return to the starting position.
- Do 8 to 10 repetitions for 3 sets.
- In order to maximize the benefits from this workout, squeeze the plates together as hard as you can throughout the movement. I realized that it is the most challenging when my arms are extended.
- Once you master the move, pressing at a slight upward or downward angle.
- For safety reason not to hurt your toes, make sure you wear sports shoes which cover your toes completely.
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.