Underhand Cable Pulldowns is another workout you can try to train your back muscles. Normally, I perform Underhand Cable Pulldowns only after I am exhausted with my other dumbbell and barbell exercise. In other words, nice to do, but never be the main workout for me. Underhand cable pulldown work out our lats (latissimus dorsi) and biceps.
Here are the steps.
- Position your legs under the knee pads of the cable pulldown machine. Feet flat on the floor. Grab the bar with an underhand grip (palms toward you) with your hands about shoulder width apart.
- Sit with thighs under supports.
- Arc your back slightly. Pull down the cable bar to upper chest until elbows are to the sides. For maximum stimulation of the lats and back muscles, imagine you are trying to squeeze something between your shoulder blades. Pause briefly.
- Slowly return the bar until arms and shoulders are fully extended.
- Perform 3 sets with 8 to 12 repetitions each set.
- Do not lean back too far and end up pulling the weight down using your body weight.
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.