Many people doing weight training without taking good care of their back with bad forms or pose. Having a strong back, especially at the lower back, will help preventing injuries. I will share with you one of my favorite lower back workouts. It is easy. The best, it is a body weight workout, which means you can do it in many places without any other equipments.
- Lie on the mat with face down on the floor. Your arms are stretched out directly overhead. Imagine you are flying like Superman.
- Raise your arms, chest and legs off the floor and hold it there for 2 to 5 seconds (for beginner) and squeeze. Exhale as you lift your arms and legs.
- Inhale as you lower them back down
- Perform 10 repetitions.
- Alternatively, you can also perform Superman with one arm and leg at a time. Raise your right arm and left leg into the air with your chest slightly off the floor. Hold for a while. Lower your limbs down. Then raise your left arm and right leg into the air.
- You may be unable to lift arms and legs far off the ground at first. Don’t worry. Just do not push yourself too hard. You will get more mobility as your back gets stronger.
- Do this exercise slowly. Do not jerk, otherwise, you may get yourself injured.
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.
Found what you were looking for? If not, try searching for it below.