When it is Monday, supposedly, we should be happy. Shops are back to business, banks are opened, government offices will function. But, with the disrupted sleep on Sunday night, Monday blues feeling kick in. Starting the week with heavy head is no fun. It is common to hear colleagues asking for sick leave on Monday.
How about you, do you have a good night sleep Sunday night? I personally find it hard to sleep well on Sunday night. May be it is the so called “Sunday Night Insomnia”. But, I am not alone. Many people apparently have the same problem – having difficulty to sleep well on that night.
- Sleeping patterns have been messed up by having late nights on Friday and Saturday and waking up late on Saturday and Sunday.
- Some people also do not do much physical activities on non-working day. Together with big meals, they find it hard to sleep well.
- Some people worry about going to work on Monday working. They will think about their stressful job, early morning class or scheduled appointment. The anticipation of those event is more stressful than the event itself. So, Sunday night is actually a stress night.
- Last but not least, taking long nap in the afternoon is also common on those days.
3 Tips Help You To Sleep Well on Sunday:
- In order to sleep well on Sunday night, you have to keep our sleep patterns fairly constant. Sleep and wake up at the same time each day, regardless Saturday, Sunday or public holidays.
- I personally like to create a ritual on Sunday night which I really look forward to. Mine is to watch a favorite TV show that day.
- Go exercise and make yourself sweat and exhausted so that you will sleep well at night.
Hopefully, you do not have to count millions of sheep on Sunday night before you fall asleep. After all, Monday is not too bad, weekend is just 5 days away!
Check out my other articles related to sleeping – How Much Sleep is Enough and How Can You Sleep Better?
Category: Other Fitness/Sports Articles
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.