People like music, be it in the car, on the bed or when having romantic dinner in a restaurant. For some, music is their lives. Now, not only joggers or cyclists can enjoy music while exercising, surfers and swimmers can listen to their music while they are in the water.
What, in the water?
Yeah, no joke. A company, H2O Audio, has come out with a series of waterproof headphones and iPod casings for music lovers. As Apple continues to dominate the portable music players market, the company decides to offer waterproof iPod cases and waterproof accessories.
But, are these gadgets really good? Based on the users’ feedback I read about H2O Audio waterproof headphones from the Net:
- The assembly has to be done carefully. Once the housing, which is a hard plastic case, goes securely, the casing will be completely waterproof. It is using the so called “LatchTight” locking mechanism. It is also using a patented technology to generate uniform compression for the waterproof seal. Water will not go into your iPod. Not even a sign of condensation in the casing.
- The casing is lightweight and it is really durable. It does not break even if it falls.
- A small scroll wheel fits over the touch dial. It works very well but, do not expect you can just brush your finger across the dial as with your iPod.
- A neoprene arm band and swim belt are available and are actually quite comfortable. There were no hard edges or seams rubbing the skin. However, serious swimmers may find that the case causes drag in the water, but recreational users should be happy with the trade-off.
- H2O Audio headphones are designed to fit securely to the head and outer ears as well as within the ear. Beginner may find it a bit tricky to properly position the ear plugs for the best sound and fit. You have to adjust both the length of the plug and the angle of insertion to get the best fit. The headphones fit very securely to the outer ears and the back of the head.
- Do not expect sound will be as full and rich as with standard earplugs. Do not expect the sound quality is superb when you are in the water.
- Actually, not only these headphone allow you to enjoy your music, they prevent water from getting into ears too.
However, do not be too excited and take this gadget down to the deep sea immediately. Users are advised to use these headphones at no more than 10 feet, partly because of the possibility to water going into the case due to greater water pressure, and also because of the safety for your ears. It may cause damage to your ears and hearing loss.
In short, the H20 Audio case for iPod does what it sets out to do and does it well. With music, water enthusiasts will enjoy their activities more. They no longer “suffer in silence.” They can take their music into unchartered territory. Whether they are underwater in the pool, sea (or even bathtub) or when they are showering, music is still there as usual. Not forget to mention who want to work out outdoor in snow or even rain.
For general search on H2O Audio range of products at Amazon, click here.
For the bestselling H2O Audio products at Amazon, you can find it here:
Category: Fitness Gadget/Equipment
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.