Thanks for your interest in writing a guest post for MunFitnessBlog.
In order to get your post ready for publishing on MunFitnessBlog, I have compiled few guidelines and suggestions:
Please Note: what follows are not hard rules. Ultimately, I encourage people to write in their own voice. However the following might help your post to ‘fit’ better with MunFitnessBlog.com and get the attention it deserves.
Posts which work best on MunFitnessBlog are relevant to my overall topic – fitness and health. Depending on your creativity, there is a lot of room to move in this overall topic – really anything that helps readers to improve their health or fitness level.
My readers love practical tips. For example, topics on “how to” or something that they can try out will be greatly appreciated. Theoretical posts that have something in them that readers can ‘do’ rather than just ‘know’ is good.
If you just send simply send me a guest post without getting my green light, I will either reject it or publish it without giving any credit to you. Serious, I really meant that and I have done that.
Some guest posters worry about what voice or style to write. No worry, I encourage you to bring your own voice to your post.
3) Sub Headings
I love to use subheadings in my posts. This breaks up the content and helps draw the eye down the post. If you have a sub heading in your post, highlight it and underline it.
I love to include images in posts on MunFitnessBlog. Relevant images break up content and grab attention. I find that posts with at least one good image in it get more attention than others. A few suggestions for images:
- Images can be of any size – but the maximum width is 400 pixels (the width of my content area).
- Please ensure images are able to be used in terms of copyright.
- Images can be illustrative (screenshots), descriptive (something that is more attention grabbing on the theme of the post) or anything else that you would like to include.
Don’t worry. If you can’t find the right image, let me know and I’m reasonably quick at finding them.
5) Post Length
I do not encourage a short paragraph, neither do I think that readers will like reading 20 pages of post. What is more important is that your post must be good enough to convey your message.
I myself post a large variety of posts in terms of length. Stick with your own voice and choose a length that sits well with you.
Length isn’t a factor, but quality is.
I rarely heavily edit guest posts, but I may work on few things:
- Changing a title
- Rework an opening or conclusion
- Correct grammar/spelling
Don’t be offended by this. Based on what generally works well with my audience, I’m just trying to make your post as great as possible.
Occasionally, I may send a post back to you with suggested additions, omissions or changes. I do that when I believe that the post could be further enhanced in ways that go beyond some basic editing. I just want to ensure to have a post that hits the mark with my readership – good for you as the author, good for MunFitnessBlog.com reader and as a result good for the blog as a whole.
Unless previously agreed, I assume that your post is exclusively contributed for the use of MunFitnessBlog.com. Though you can write on the same topic elsewhere – my hope is that posts that appear on MunFitnessBlog.com do not appear in the same form elsewhere.
Bylines should be a sentence or two of who you are and what you do. Feel free to include up to a single link in it (“no follow”, by the way). This byline will appear at the bottom of your post. I may write a short introductory sentence that will include your main link that will appear at the top of the post.
Though I mentioned a single link, please include them only if they are relevant to your blog or post. Keep in mind that this ‘relevancy’ is very important. Some guest posters have included too many irrelevant links and have received criticism as a result. I do not mind promoting you, but sometimes subtlety works best.
9) Sample of Guest Post
Here are some sample of guest posts contributed by my readers:
- How Jonathan Started in Gym and the Lessons He Learned
- 5 Dietary Changes that Helped Me Lose 12 Kilogram in 6 Months
- How To Make Tuna Salad?
- Confessions of a Ex-Smoker: How I Quit Smoking with Exercise
- Why Should You Consider Using Wrist Straps and How To Use Them Properly
- 5 Inspirational Movies To Boost Your Motivation To Exercise
- What You Should Know Before Joining Adventure Race series
- The Story Of an IT Programmer Who Made a Career Switch to Fitness World
- How To Monitor Your Calories Expenditure Throughout the Day with Body Bugg
- Shin Splints: How To Prevent Them And How To Treat Them
- All You Want To Know About Hair Washing But Never Had A Chance To Ask
- Top 5 Nutrition Mistakes
10) How To Contribute
Here are few general steps:
- Contact me first before you write to me. Let’s agree on the topic you want to cover first.
- Write the guest post in Microsoft Word format. You can insert the images inside the document.
- Send it to me via this e-mail address.
If you have any questions or concerns – feel free to contact me via the form below and I will do my best to answer them. I look forward to your great post.