If you love to read about Hollywood gossip and at the same time would like to learn about celebrities’ diet secret, you have got a book – The Black Book of Hollywood Diet Secrets.
This book was written by showbiz journalists Kym Douglas and Cindy Pearlman. They have spent time to gather much information about the Hollywood scene inside out and can tell you what keeps the world’s hottest bodies in tip top shape.
Here are some of the few interesting diet tips which I have taken from the book:
- Demi Moore eats apple slices with peanut butter when she wants a sugar fix.
- Owen Wilson takes his daily double dose of asparagus and parsley and he has never miss it.
- McConaughey carries his toothbrush with him to restaurants. (Guess it is to suppress his desire to eat more after the main dish.)
- Kelly Clarkson and Oscar-winner Jennifer Hudson eat cookie to skip meal when they are on diet.
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Madonna are fans of dandelion tea which is said to be a natural diuretic, great for banishing water retention.
- Jennifer Lopez and model Carmen Electra carry vials of grapefruit oil with them. Grapefruit oil gives off an aroma that affects liver enzymes and promotes weight loss.
- Oprah Winfrey snacks on ice lollies when she is hungry. She likes iced fruit bars because they take a long time to eat and therefore satisfy her sweet tooth.
- Julia Roberts and Uma Thurman knit to keep themselves from snacking, relieve stress and improve concentration.
- Michelle Pfeiffer allows herself Mexican food or doughnuts on occasion so that she does not feel deprived.
- Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie live on low calorie sushi. They like to the vitamin-rich seaweed.
- Meryl Streep will push the wine bottle away after the first glass.
- Alicia Silverstone is a vegetarian. She says that going vegan is the key to lasting weight loss because she believes plan-based foods are always healthier.
- Jaslene Gonzalez thinks that she is naturally thin. That’s why she actually eats cheeseburgers and cheese fries.
Knowing all these small tips may be helpful, but the authors did mention something very important – no matter what these celebrities eat, one thing for sure is their commitment to work out. They do not skip the gym. One good example is that if they have to get up early to start filming, they will get up 2 hours earlier to work out, even at 3 AM. They seldom miss a day.
This book is very popular in the US. No surprise that it is a favorite at the nail salon. For me, it is a fun read that gives you a glimpse at behind-the-scenes of the diet. Though many are adaptable to real life, read it with pinch of salt though.
You can buy the book online from Amazon.
Category: Weight Loss
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.