Exercise helps in losing weight, lowering cholesterol and reducing risk of having diabetes and osteoporosis. Those are the mainstream benefits, but let’s look at what other benefits can exercise provide. Many have written about why sex should be considered as exercise and how sex can improve health. Now, let’s look at the other way – how exercise can help in improving sex.
- Based on the study on 31,000 men, Harvard School of Public Health researchers reported that those who were physically active had a 30 percent lower risk for erectile dysfunction than the men with little or no physical activity.
- How about women? One study by the University of British Columbia found that 20 minutes of exercise spurred greater sexual response in the women participants compared with no exercise at all.
What is the science behind this amazing result? Here are some good ones:
- After a good workout or exercise, men and women alike experience a spike of testosterone, the hormone that influences sexual arousal. Exercising improves blood flow throughout the body, including to the genitals.
- Exercise also reduces stress which can lead that person more ready for intimate moments.
- According to Patricia Esperon, a behavior therapist at the Duke University Diet and Fitness Center, “When people exercise, they are taking action, feeling less helpless. And feeling better about yourself in general is a big part of feeling sexual.” She believes that some people are shame about their bodies, whether overweight or not and that it leads to a sense of detachment from one’s physical self. When one start exercising, he or she will reconnect with physical self — which has needs and desires, which feels pleasure and pain, which is real. From there, one starts feeling sexual again.
- But, overall, people who exercise have fitter body, they feel stronger and more flexible.
Top 4 Exercises Tips to Get You Rock on the Bed:
- For enthusiastic sex, you will need some cardiovascular exercise. It is very frustrating that your stamina fails you when the other important body organ is going strong. So, do some running, swimming or bike riding.
- Second, you may need to hold for unusual positions for short periods of time, so endurance is key. You will need need to lift lighter weights for more repetitions. Push-ups, sit-ups or crunches are beneficial exercises to add to an aerobic routine. These body weight based workouts strengthen the shoulders, chest and abdominals.
- In addition to endurance, you may need muscular strength, not only for yourself but also help lifting your partner. For this purpose, go for heavy weights for few repetitions.
- Last but not least, flexibility can help you get into your favorite position with a minimum amount of issue. To do that, you may need to practise Yoga or Body Balance to get your body ready. Stretching before the sexercise can help too.
Now, you have more reasons to work out. Don’t wait, renew your gym membership, pack your bag and hit the iron today (to jump start your libido)!
Category: Other Fitness/Sports Articles
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.
Found what you were looking for? If not, try searching for it below.