Hilary Duff is an American artiste. Not only an actress, but also a pop singer, songwriter and an entrepreneur. In year 2007, she was ranked the seventh richest in the Forbes Top 20 Earners Under 25 with an annual earnings of $12 million. During Duff’s early days, she was criticized for her fat body. By 2005, she appeared to have lost weight leading to media speculation that she had developed eating disorder. She later came out to deny that and shared her side of story how she made changes in her lifestyle.
Here are what Hilary Duff eats and the exercises she does:
Hilary Duff’s Diet Plan
Hilary Duff used to eat only greens and on protein diet until she lost too much weight. Now, she added more variety into her menu. She is now 5 foot 2 with about 110 lbs. She was less than 100 lbs in year 2005.
- Breakfast – Kashi cereal with 2 percent milk (or an egg-white omelet with Feta cheese) and a latte made with 2 percent milk.
- Lunch – Grilled chicken Caesar salad with 1 tablespoon of reduced-fat dressing (or grilled ahi tuna salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing)
- Dinner – Tuna steak, grilled veges and couscous. She also loves sushi.
- Snack – Handful of mixed nuts (or an apple and Brie cheese) She also indulges in chips and salsa.
Hilary Duff watches closely what she eats. She does not simply eat everything. If she eats bread, she will not eat pasta or potatoes. If she is going to have dessert, she will not have the bread.
Because of her hectic schedule and spending most of the time outside, she finds it hard to get balanced diet. That is why she prefer to be with her mum who is a diabetic. She eats what her mum eats and her mum has to eat five times a day or else her blood sugar goes up.
Hilary Duff’s Workout
Hilary was gymnast during school days. She claimed that she had a tendency to bulk up with weight lifting exercise. She does not like having muscles in her legs which made her felt boyish.
- Pilates – So, to develop long lean muscles on her legs, she goes for Pilates. After having classes at studios, she still does hour long workouts on Pilates reformer machines three to four times a week. She concentrates on her lower body on legs, butt exercises and 5 different ab exercises.
- Running – She also goes to the gym with her sister and friend and do cardiovascular exercise. She prefer elliptical machine than treadmill.
- Swimming – She likes swimming. She normally alternates each lap with freestyle, breast, butterfly and sidestroke.
It is not easy to be celebrities, what’s more being a female celebrity. Female celebrities have to take additional pressure that the media put on them. For me, when Hilary Duff was criticized before year 2005, she was only like 15 or 16 years old. She was still a kid. Teenager. Those words can be too harsh on her. I am glad that she went through that with courage. She talked about it openly and admitted that she has overdone it.
“I have the same insecurities about my body that every girl has and I made a conscious choice to get in shape. I’ve always been a junk food eater, but I started paying more attention to what I put in my body and cut out foods like pizza, chicken fingers, and French fries.”
“Seeing how well it worked motivated me to keep going, but I hit a period when I got too skinny. I wasn’t too obsessed with it, but I did learn that there have to be days when you just don’t think about it.”
Well said, girl.
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.
Found what you were looking for? If not, try searching for it below.