I do not encourage people drinking. However, once in a while, you may give yourself a break for a drinking sessions with friends. Here are 10 tips of not getting drunk easily:
- Make sure you have something in your stomach before you drink. I found out the eating big meal will improve tolerance level. Eat food high in carbohydrates and fat as they slow down the alcohol absorption rate into your body. However, please remember that eating before drinking does not stop you from getting drunk, just that it delay it from happening. I read that Russian eat a couple of boiled potatoes, drinks one or two raw eggs then drink another one teaspoons of olive/sunflower oil before they go for vodka fest. I haven’t tried this method, but I believe that it works based on the same concept – food high in carbohydrates and fat.
- Drink a glass of milk before you start drinking alcohol. The milk coats your stomach too to slow down the alcoholic absorption in the same what that the food does.
- For every glass of alcohol you drink, drink one glass of water. It does not have to be in liquid format. If you dilute the liquor with ice, it is equally good too. The water prevents you from dehydrated from the alcohol. It also dilutes the alcohol in your body so that you do not get drunk quickly.
- Try to drink “clean”. The more ingredients in your drink, the easier you get drunk and the worse your hangover the next day. A clean drink has no more than two ingredients in it, such as rum and coke.
- Stick to the same alcoholic drink all night. Switching from wine to beer and to vodka leads to getting drunk faster.
- Do not use straw. Sip you drink.
- Drink slowly to avoid becoming intoxicated. The longer you finish your glass, the less chance you get drunk. That is why shots get you high and drunk quicker.
- Do not just sit there and drink. Stand up, walk around and talk to people. Many often sit and drink until they do not realize they drink more than they should.
- What is the most important is to give yourself a limit. You yourself know how much alcohol you can handle. Just bring enough cash for that limit. During happy hours, bartenders often persuade you to upgrade your drink to “supersize” for additional few dollar. Just say no.
- If you are really worried about your blood alcohol level is, get a slim personal breathalyser that shows you the level.
Hopefully, you will not get drunk in your next night out. Never ever drink and drive.
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.