Matt Damon is Hollywood A list actors, appearing in many popular movies including Good Will Hunting, Saving Private Ryan, The Talented Mr Ripley, Ocean’s 11, 12 and 13, The Bourne trilogy, and The Departed. Looking at his physique, Matt is definitely no stranger to the gym. He has transformed from a skinny looking guy to a guy with great shape. He has been maintaining it pretty well, except the time he shot for The Informant, which he purposely gained weight with flabby belly for the role.
Matt Damon has lean muscular build that is what most metro sexual men want. Not the traditional bodybuilder bulky look.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Matt Damon works out with weights about an hour a day, 5 days a week.
- After pushing himself to the limit at the gym, he made sure he recover from a good night’s sleep.
- He incorporates circuit training in his workout program to challenge his body and muscles.
- His favorite workout was sprint drills when he prepared for the Invictus movie.
- He keeps in shape by cycling, running and swimming. Cardiovascular exercise is important to help burn the body fat so that he remains lean and ripped.
- Matt also does boxing and Kali martial arts (from the Philippines) so that he is fast when comes to action scene in his movies. He picked up these martial arts during Bourne identity movie.
- He is very consistent in eating healthily. Strict and clean diet.
- Matt wanted to prove to his fan that he could act, not relying on his look and muscles for his success. Therefore, he gained about 30 pounds for his role in The Informant. To gain weight, he actually stopped exercising and started drinking beer and ate burgers. Right after the movie, Damon went back to gym to shed the far and rebuilt his body.
In short, Matt Damon’s body does not come easy. Much dedication is needed.
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.