This is the classic quads stretch and the most basic one. However, this stretch is actually the most effective for our needs. This stretching will lengthen your hip flexors so you will have greater range of motion and reduce the chance of injury while doing any activity.
- Hold onto a rail, wall or stationary object with one hand for balance.
- Extend one leg straight behind you.
- Gently pull the heel toward buttocks.
- Hold the position for 20 seconds. Keep your body straight
- Switch sides
- Be gentle with it. Never force a tendon stretch. .
- If you have trouble simply getting into this position, your quads are extremely tight.
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.
Found what you were looking for? If not, try searching for it below.