The great thing about eating out is the variety. My friend said that I am lucky of not staying with my parents – don’t have to eat at home everyday. Having studied in overseas, I would say that eating out in Malaysia is a joy. From exotic five-star cuisine to economical roadside fare, we are indeed spoil for choice. I know that eating in may be boring for some people if they eat the same dish every day.
Nowadays, more and more families are eating out on daily basis even they have maids at home. For individuals who are hard pressed for time and those who do not like cooking, or students living away from home, eating out most of the time is more out of necessity than choice. Ironically, home cooked food is normally better in terms of nutritional values.
In order to gain the right nutrition to meet your needs and stay healthy, here are 7 tips to ensure you eat out healthily:
1) Consider the ingredients used to prepare dishes before ordering. This will give you an idea of the nutritional value of dishes.
2) Eat like the person you are – lots if you are a world-class athlete (say, David Beckham who has to play competitive matches at least twice a week), moderately if you are an office worker who spends at least 6 hours sitting doing paper work, a little less if you are overweight, a little more if you are a fitness enthusiast who work out at gym at least three times a week. This advice applies not only when you eat out, but also eating in.
3) When it comes to buffets, have a little of everything. Don’t you agree this is a nice way to explore without over-indulging. Never get carried away by the delicious spreads available.
4) If you have to take fast foods with burgers, fried chicken or fries, limit yourself to an average of two to three times a month.
5) If you have to eat deep fried foods everyday, discard the outer layer, I mean the skin. If you are not willing to do so, eat a bit, but make sure you don’t skip the next gym workout.
6) If you find the dressing or cream too much, scrape some of it away before eating.
7) Don’t be shy to ask to have less less sugar or less oil. (Less price too if you dare to ask).
Hopefully, with the above tips, you will stay fit and healthy even if you have to eat out everyday.
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.
Found what you were looking for? If not, try searching for it below.