Jessica Alba has been voted many times recently as one of the sexiest woman in the world. She was the lead actress in television series Dark Angel, then appeared in Honey, Sin City, Fantastic Four 1, Fantastic Four 2 and The Eye. Standing at the height of 5 feet 6 inches, she generates media attention about her body, even before she was pregnant. Later she gave birth to her baby in year 2008, she lost her weight rapidly and regain her sexy curve. Today, we will look at how she maintains her body and how she was able to lose pregnancy weight.
In an interview, Jessica Alba disclosed that she has been on diet since the age of 12. All of her family members were heavily overweight. She wanted to remain slim and therefore started cooking for herself. She later suffered from eating disorders when she was a teenager. At one point, she weighed just over 100 pounds and was seriously malnourished. She fought hard to get into healthy lifestyle.
Jessica Alba’s Workout Regimen
Jessica Alba admits that she hates to exercise and therefore she has to hire Ramona Braganza as her personal trainer. Ramona is also Helle Berry’s personal trainer. Jessica finds it hard to step in to the gym. But after a good workout session, she feels that she has much more energy and feel good about herself.
On cardio days, Jessica will be on elliptical machine, stationary bike, stair machine or treadmill for half an hour a session, 4 sessions in a week. Her trainer make changes to the cardio regularly – for instance, if she is doing a 10-minute cardio, she will jog for 2 minutes, run hard for 6 minutes and jog again for the remaining 2 minutes.
She incorporates resistance training with weights. Before she starts lifting weight, she warms up on treadmills or elliptical machine for 10 to 15 minutes to get her heart rate up to 180 beats per minute. Her workouts include squats, lunges, chest presses, biceps curl, tricep dips, and lateral raise. Jessica does not like squats or lunges, but she knows that they are important. She loves back exercises such as rows, and lat pull downs.
Once done, she spends about 10 minutes to cool down on treadmill or elliptical to bring her heart rate back down.
For her core muscles, she does crunches while lying on an exercise ball.
She practices yoga too.
Jessica Alba Diet Plan
- Jessica’s diet secret is about portion control. She likes eating out, but she often eats half of the food being served.
- She does not eat fast food, deep fried food and tries to avoid processed food. She avoids sauces and butter. If possible, she eats organic food.
- She normally does not eat bread and leaves the dessert off the menu.
- However, once in while, she indulges in chocolate cake.
- She is a fan of South Beach diet with lean meats, whole grains, low fat cheese, fruits and vegetables. Here is one of the samples:
- Breakfast – 1 cup oatmeal with berries and scrambled egg whites
- Lunch – Salad with chicken breast or fish on mixed greens with light dressing of olive oil, lemon juice and herbs
- Dinner – Sashimi or petit filet of beef or other lean sirlion with a plate of assorted vegetables and 2 small potatoes
- Snacks – Almonds, dried fruit or hot air popped popcorn
Jessica Alba’s Pregnancy Weight Loss Plan
When Jessica Alba was pregnant, she still exercised. However, the duration of the session varied depending on how she felt. She still did yoga poses including downward dog and plank.
Jessica’s friend gave her a “girdie” (tummy band) telling her that it would help squich her tummy back into shape. The thing was not really working for her. It was the intense exercise routine that help her regain her body shape. She gained about 35 pounds (about 16 kilogram) during her pregnancy. Her trainer uses “3-2-1 Baby Bulge Be Gone” workout plan to get rid of their baby weight. Here is the highlight of the plan.
An hour long of workout is split into:
- 3 different types of 10 minute cardio session
- 2 session of 10 minute full body toning circuits which include squats and lunges
- 1 session of 10 minute of abdominal workout (reverse crunches, bicycle crunches and plank)
She did the above workout 4 to 5 times a week. If the workout is too intense, she took a break, but still doing other activities such as walking or swimming.
By doing the above exercises, her arms are leaner and her hips are firmer.
She ate between 1600 and 2000 calories a day. The real trick is that she breastfed her baby. Breastfeeding burns a lot of calories. She actually said that she lost the bulging tummy just by breastfeeding.
After 2 months, she shed about 25 pounds. She then increases the intensity of her work out to 6 days a week with an hour each session. She will do 2 cardio session and 1 strength training routine. Later, she did boxing and hiking. She went from size 8 to 4 pretty quickly.
Jessica Alba becomes even more health conscious because of the baby. She eats more fruits and vegetables nowadays.
In a nutshell, Jessica Alba does not have her sexy body because of luck. She got it after much hard work and dedication.
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.