Below recipe is shared by one my blog readers who suffered from cardiac ischemia. Cardiac ischemia is caused by inadequate blood supply to heart muscles, which in turn could be caused by mild blockage in the coronary arteries. Mild blockage is often caused by long term accumulation of cholesterol rich plaques in the coronary arteries.
This reader used to have this coronary artery disease (CAD). He shared that he often had discomfort feeling under his breastbone. Whenever he walked up a slope or walked slightly faster, he had shortness of breath with chest pain. He decided to try on this traditional Chinese soup – Black Fungus, Red Date Soup.
Surprisingly, after taking the soup for a month, he got better. His cardiologist was equally surprised on his improvement. The reading of bad cholesterol (LDL) has gone down and his latest electrocardiogram (ECG) was negative.
- Black fungus with white at the back (2 small pieces, sliced into smaller portions). You can buy black fungus from Amazon.
- Red dates (5 to 8 small ones)
- Ginger (2 to 3 thin slices)
- Pork (few slices, optional)
- Soak the black fungus in water overnight
- Wash the ingredients
- Put the ingredients in a pot together with 2 to 3 bowls of water
- Cook with medium heat until the water is half gone (left about a bowl).
- Drink this soup with empty stomach in the morning.
- Eat the black fungus.
- Drink this soup for a month
One thing worth pointing out is that in addition to the above soup, this reader has also:
- Quit smoking
- Stop eating fast food and fried food
- Start to exercise twice weekly
- Taking oat bran (twice a day)
If you are able to reduce cholesterol successfully, feel free to leave your comments.
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.