While I am doing weight training, be it barbell bench press or biceps curl, I normally count the repetition in my head or the most whispering to myself. But, it can be boring for sometimes. Here are some of other ways in counting to beat the boredom:
1) Try counting out loud. It can be motivating. If you want to get the attention, you can count with a number starts from 50…51, 52, 53… I am sure many will turn and look at you. Also, depending how loud it is, if everyone is yelling the numbers in the gym, it can be distracting.
2) You can count by 2s. What I mean is that instead of 1, 2, 3, 4…you do it this way – 1-1, 2-2, 3-3 for each full movement.
3) I have seen some people count one set in one language, second set in another language and third set in third language. If you know only one or two languages, too bad, you will not be able to try this method.
4) The other method will be counting the number backward – 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7…
5) Another way is to calculate the number this way – 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1 - a total of 8 repetitions in 1 set.
So, which above method you are using to calculate your repetitions while you are lifting weights? Or you just prefer the normal way of whispering the number? Just don’t tell me you bring a calculator or abacus to the gym!
Category: Weight Training
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.
Found what you were looking for? If not, try searching for it below.