Glute Kickback is good for ladies or even guys who want firm butt. Main muscle being worked out is the gluteus maximus. Hamstring will be involved too. Lower back, abdominal and triceps muscles will be used as stabilizers in this butt workout.
- Get on your hands and knees on a mat on the floor with your back parallel to the ground. Bent your knees at 90 degrees so thighs are perpendicular to the floor.
- Keeping your head up, inhale and lift your right leg back and up, maintaining your 90 degree knee bend, until your foot is higher than your head or your thigh is horizontally in line with your torso. Do not arch your back during the kickback portion. Make sure your back is parallel to the floor.
- Your heel should be facing the ceiling. To enhance the contraction, pause for a full second in the contracted position. Squeeze your right glute.
- Exhale and slowly lower your leg back to start position.
- Perform the same with your left leg, and repeat each leg for 3 sets with 8 to 12 repetitions.
- Make sure to get a full range of motion by bringing your leg as far forward as you can and then extending your leg back as far as possible.
- However, do not raise your leg further than your hamstring being parallel to the floor.
- Do not just drop your leg to the starting position. Lower it in a slow controlled manner.
- For advanced gym goer, you can try glute kickback with cable which is tougher.
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.
Found what you were looking for? If not, try searching for it below.