I have received an e-mail from reading asking me how to do a proper tuck jump. Tuck Jump is a powerful leg workout. Here you go for the steps:
- Stand on a padded surface (tumbling mat) with feet slightly less than shoulder width. It is important to practice tuck jump on a safe surface.
- Bend your knees and use your whole foot to generate power to jump and not just your toes. Jump as high as you can.
- While you are in the air, tuck your knees close to your chest. Don’t let your shoulders lean out beyond your knees because this may stress your lower back.
- Land on the same spot with knees slightly bent to reduce the impact to your knees.
- This is an intense exercise. Start with few repetitions and build up your strength and stamina from there. Quality is more important than quantity.
- Wear a good pair of shoes which can absorb impact so that your lower back and knees will not be hurt.
- A good way to ensure you are jumping vertically and not going forward or backward is to ensure you land on the same spot you jumped from.
- You don’t have to hold your knees while you are at the highest position. Some pull the knees forcefully. So, don’t do it if you have the tendency to do so.
- You can do tuck jump on a trampoline as this will allow you to focus in the posture before you do it on the floor.
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.