Side lunge is a good exercise for inner thigh (adductors) and hips. It works on the front thighs too. For most men, many thought that side lunge is too feminine because it looks too easy and only meant for ladies. I encourage guys to try this leg workout a try. Certainly, nothing beats barbell squat, but side lunge recruit other leg muscles. No matter how small these muscles are, if you wish to develop your legs fully, you should not ignore small exercise like side lunge. As for ladies, this fun move will you to tone and tighten your legs and butts.
- Separate your feet at about 2 to 3 feet, depending on the length of your legs. Point your toes forward. You can place your hangs above the knees or hold them together for balancing purpose.
- Slowly bend your right knee while keeping your left leg straight. Your upper body should be kept upright as much as possible.
- Go down as low as you can without strain. When your leg is at 90 degree angle, do not let your right knee pass over your toes on your right foot.
- Come up and repeat for another leg.
- To make side lunge more challenging, you can perform this exercise with two dumbbells. As you do the lunge for your right leg, hold the right dumbbell slightly behind you and the left one slightly in front of you. Do the opposite as you lunge the other leg.
- Make sure your feet stay flat and rooted on the ground.
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.