Continue from Review of Celebrity Fitness Bangsar Village II (1).
Talking about the membership package, the sales person did practise the typical sales gimmick.
After showing us a glossy sales brochure and the pricing information, she asked us, “So, RM888 for the joining fee and RM388 for the monthly fee, what do you think about the price?”
My friend and I looked at each other. Before we said anything, she continued, “Good news is that we have a promotion now. We waive the joining fee and the monthly price is RM328 a month now. But, this promotion is going to end tonight.”
I just nod out heads and said, “We will consider it. Now, will you excuse us as we want to go to the changing room?”
She quickly said, “Oh, why not I get my manager to talk to both of you? She may be able to offer you a better price.”
My friend said, “Let us think about it. We will contact you if we are interested.”
The sales girl insisted that her manager to talk to us.
I then said, “Is this getting your manager to talk to us is part of the script?”
She looked at me. Stunned. “It is a procedure. So, I am just following it. Hope you understand.”
We pitied on her. So, we gave in. However, the so called “manager” was away from her place attending someone else. The sales lady had no choice but to let us go.
Celebrity Fitness is making a smart move to set up the outlet here at Klang Valley upmarket area. With 25,000 square feet and assuming conservative figure of RM2 to RM3 a square feet for rental – monthly rental is between RM50,000 and RM75,000. Therefore, it will have to get enough members to sustain. Was told it already has 5,000 members with many are expatriates. If that figure is true, this gym can only go stronger from here.
What I Like about Celebrity Fitness at Bangsar Village (II):
- Coming from a gym which does not provide towel service, Celebrity Fitness once again score for the free complimentary towel service. Well done.
- No odd pillars in the studios. Good layout design.
- Currently, Celebrity Fitness still has the cheapest package in town with average monthly fee of RM75 for 3-year contract (which is about RM2.50 daily as shown in the picture above) . However, money should not be your only consideration when comes to gym selection. Refer to my the other two articles for more information about membership package and contract – Don’t Sign Any Gym Contract Before You Read This and 10 Tips To Choose A Good Gym.
Things to Watch Out:
- Apart from the monthly membership fee, include the parking expenses in your calculation. I paid RM4.5 for about 2 hours on weekend.
- Monday to Saturday rate : RM1.50 for 1st hour and RM1.50 for every subsequent hour
- Sunday rate : RM3.00 for first hour and RM1.50 for every subsequent hour
- It may be warm to work out in the afternoon at the first floor of the gym. You could really feel the difference when you walk down to the reception area located at the ground floor.
- Not enough mirror at free weight area. One needs to look at the mirror to ensure correct form in doing free weight training. So, with only limited mirror, it may be an issue.
Here is the location map of Bangsar Village II
Other pictures at Celebrity Fitness Bangsar Village II:
Category: Celebrity Fitness
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.
Found what you were looking for? If not, try searching for it below.