If you are looking for a workout for your upper back and rear deltoids of your shoulder, you can try seated bent over rear delt raise which is also known as reverse fly or rear delt raises. In fact, many people focus much on the front and side deltoids and neglecting the rear deltoids. The rear delt of your shoulder is a small muscle group. You can train with light weight.
- Sit on a chair or the end of a flat bench. Feet is fairly close together and firmly on the ground.
- Hold a the dumbbell in each hand between your lower legs and bench. Your palms are facing each other and your elbows are slightly bent. Bend forward until your chest nearly touch your chest.
- Contract your abs, lift your both arms in a semicircular motion slowly, drawing your elbows back. Raise arms to the side to shoulder height, at the point of your arms becoming parallel to the floor.
- Hold this position for a second to squeeze your shoulder blades together.
- Lower the dumbbells in controlled motion. Do not just let them drop.
- Do 3 sets with 12 repetitions each.
- You can stand to do this workout, but it will be tougher. So, not for beginner.
- Do not use too heavy weight to restrict your range of motion.
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.