A full balanced set of shoulders can help a guy to appear with broader and thicker chest. As for ladies, a well rounded shoulders will create the illusion of a narrower waist. However, big shoulders do not just appear overnight. One of the recommended workouts for shoulders is Front Dumbbell Raise. This shoulder exercise is excellent for the anterior (front) and medial (middle) heads of the deltoids.
- Stand with a dumbbell in each hand, palms facing backward.
- Keep your abdominal muscles tight and knees bent. The feet should be about shoulder width apart.
- Maintain a slight bend in your elbows throughout the exercise so that your arms are straight, but not locked at the elbow.
- Lift the weight in your left hand in front of you with your arm parallel to the floor and at shoulder level.
- If possible, pause at the top of the movement.
- Then slowly return to the start position and repeat with the opposite arm.
- To maximize muscle stimulation and prevent stress to your lower back, try to move naturally by allowing your back to lean slightly forward and back as you lift and lower the weights.
- Control your movements at all times.
- Do not cheat by swinging the weight.
- Do not raise the arms above shoulder level.
- Front Dumbbell Raise can also be done with two dumbbells at the same time or a barbell. However, I prefer to do it with single arm at a time because I can lift heavier weight.
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.
Found what you were looking for? If not, try searching for it below.