One of the better ways for weight control is to eat 5 to 6 smaller meals a day instead of only 2 or 3 big meals. In between breakfast and lunch as well as dinner, it is a good idea to eat snack as these smaller meals will keep your energy level high and mind alert.
Breakfast — snack — Lunch — snack — Dinner
However, given a license to snack does not mean you should eat anything. Stuffing with fries, pizza, burger, ice cream or donut may give you a temporary boost or fulfilling your craving, but food high in fat and calories will only harm you in the long run. Therefore, you should only snack on nutritious food.
But, what are the recommended healthy snack? Read on to find out more.
Suggestions on Healthy Snack
- Go for whole grain snacks like whole grain crackers and whole grain cereals. While grains snacks are rich in fiber and complex carbohydrates which give you energy that last for longer time.
- Eat fruits and vegetables like baby carrot. Fruits and vegetables do not only provide a feeling of fullness, but also provide vitamins and minerals.
- I like nuts and seeds. They give protein which helps keep you feeling for longer period. However, nuts and seeds are high in calories. So, do not eat them too much.
- I also like low fat diary products especially yogurt and cheese.
- You can also eat home made popcorn with no added salt.
- If you are a meat person, then tuna sandwich is a good choice too.
Whatever we eat, moderation is still important. Just because you are taking low fat or “light” version of yogurt does not mean that you can take them in excess. Happy snacking!
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.