The location which fat is stored on bodies varies according to gender – men has it at the tummy whereas women store fat in their thighs and buttocks. As for flabby arms, both men and women have them. However, ladies normally hate flabby arm very much, especially those who like wearing sleeveless clothes.
Madonna’s toned (or muscular) arms were even obvious in her recent concert photos. Some admire her, some do not.
If you think Madonna’s arms are too much, you have to check out Linda Hamilton’s one. In the 90s movie, Terminator 2, Linda has more muscular arms and I believe that it will bit too much for most ladies to accept them.
So, isn’t a fast way to get rid of the flabby arm?
Yes, it is possible to have firm arm, but the change may not be as fast as one day. Before I talk about it in detail, let’s look at the 3 myths when comes to flabby arms:
3 Common Myths about Flabby Arms
1) Spot reduction will not work. Many thought that in order to get rid of fat from the arm, they can do it by exercising only using arm muscle. Unfortunately, this approach brings you no way.
2) Also, the perception of believing that doing weight training will make the arms look even bigger for women is not entirely true. Women have less hormone testosterone compared to men. Contrary to believe, weight training actually tone your arm and make them look firmer and hence smaller.
3) Do not use genes as the excuse of having flabby arm. It does not runs in your family and you do not inherit flabby arms from your great-grandmother.
So, what are the ways to get rid of flabby arms?
Top 2 Things To Do To Get Rid of Flabby Arms:
1) Reduce body fat. We are not able to spot reduce the fat at flabby arm, but we can reduce our body fat percentage. How to do that? Diet control and cardiovascular exercise will be the answer. Sports such as tennis, kick boxing and skiing which use triceps are helpful too.
2) Do specific resistance training with weights to build muscle in the back of the arm. Once the fat is gone, you will have a triceps and it will appear tight and tone. In fact, weight training is important to build muscles. Lean muscle has higher metabolic rate and it makes your fat burning easier.
I used to recommend mainly isolation workout targets only the triceps, but I later realized that compound exercise will be more efficient. Bear with me for the jargon, for instance, narrow grip bench press is better than triceps kickback and a dip is better than the narrow grip bench press for the triceps.
Following are my recommended triceps workout to get rid of the flabby arms:
Triceps cable push downs
I will suggest ladies to go for light weight with higher number of repetitions (like 15 to 20 times) each set for 3 sets. Aerobic approach is more suitable in this case.
By doing the above two things, namely reducing body fat and weight training, your arms will be less flabby. Rule of thumb, cardiovascular exercise will help you lose the fat. Once you shed the fat from your body, including fat from the arm, the weight training becomes important to maintain your “fat-free” arm with toned muscles.
My best wishes for you to get arms like Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox or probably Madonna.
Buy weight from Amazon
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.