In relationship, John Gray thinks Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus.
When comes to working out at gym, does John Gray’s concept still applies? Let’s take a look. But, take this article lightly.
Top 5 Different Workout Approaches by Men and Women in the Gym
1) Men do only weight training, be it free weight or resistance machine. Women go for yoga, tai chi or Body Balance. Why? Men want muscles. Veins. Big biceps. Big chest. Women do not want big muscle. They want lean muscle. Slim thigh. Toned arm.
2) Men enjoys sweating while working out. The more, the better. Women do not like getting wet this way.
3) Men do not care bout dressing up in gym. Casual wear will do. Men do not care about their love handles or spare tires and they wear whatever they like. Women care about their appearance. They do not want others to see their cellulite. They hate their flabby arms and they want to hide them even in the gym.
4) Men are more stubborn. They are afraid to ask advice. They are afraid of making a fool of themselves. Men have big EGO. Women take instruction better. They ask and they follow.
5) Men’s bodies tend to be less flexible but men have better upper body strength. Women can bend, stretch, and twist without much problem. They have better lower body strength.
So, whose approach is better, men or women’s?
Not here to start a war, but believe both can learn from each other. Come to think of it, the fitness goals is causing this difference between men and women. Of course, the physical differences between men and women also affect how they approach workout in the gym.
(Last but not least. Men are afraid of them in the changing room. Women have no problem be friends with lesbian.)
Share your thought. I would like to hear from you.
Category: Gym Going
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.
Found what you were looking for? If not, try searching for it below.