Your best friend wants to lose weight. Your neighbor wants to lose friend. Everyone seems to have too much fat. Due to high publicity on overweight and obesity issue in our society, more emphasis is placed on weight loss rather than gaining weight. But, there is one forgotten group of thin people struggling to put on weight – hardgainers.
Even if you are a hardgainer, no worry, it is not the end of the world. It is still possible to gain weight with determination. The good thing about being a hardgainer is that you will find it hard to gain body fat and therefore any weight gain is mainly muscles (provided you do the right exercise) and they are highly visible with good definition. Today, let’s just focus in what to eat and leave the topic of workout for hardgainer for some other time.
Top 5 Eating Tips For Hardgainer To Gain Weight
- Instead of overloading on calories and carbohydrates, keep calories and carbs at a moderate level, increase your protein intake. Good sources of protein include lean meats, fish, egg and tofu.
- Spread your meals evenly throughout the day. Eat five to six smaller balanced meals a day rather than eating three large meals, especially if you are not used to eating much at one sitting. If you still need more calories, protein powders and nutritional supplement drinks can be added as in-between meal snacks. Alternatively, nuts and dried fruits can be eaten to add healthy calories.
- Drink milk and fruit juices. Avoid sodas.
- Though increasing intake of food is important, but just because a food is high in calories does not mean it is a good addition to your diet. Avoid junk food. Say NO to greasy burger, fries, ice cream, french fries and sweets.
- Go for healthy fats such as tuna, salmon, walnuts. As for healthy carbohydrate sources, they include fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
In short, in order to gain weight, you need to take in more calories than you expand. As long as you eat more than your use, coupled with workout, you should see the result.
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.