Ever wonder what to wear for Yoga classes? Here are the tips:
- Wear pants that are loose-fitting enough so if you need to do a split, your pants will not rip.
- Go for long pants. However, not too long, so not long baggy sweat pants. Your instructor may want to check out your ankles to ensure your pose is correct. Yoga pants should be a comfortable length fully exposing your feet and ankles.
- Shorts are fine, but make sure to wear shorts that stick to your body enough so that you will not embarrass yourself in certain positions.
- Wear tops that can be tucked in. For women, sports bra will be good. Do not wear giant clothes, as your yoga instructor needs to evaluate your body in the different poses and help you correct any poses. She will not be able to see very well if your clothes are too large. Make sure if you do an inversion (headstand), your shirt will not float over your head.
- Ladies, if you have long hair, tie it back or it will fall in your face.
- Last but not least, yoga is practiced in bare feet. You have to take off your shoes before entering the studio. Your footwear can be a simple pair of sandals so that you can step out of before class.
Not to bother too much about branded Yoga attire. Yoga is not about fashion, but it is about self-exploration. Wear something that makes you feel comfortable and gives you lots of movement so you can put your focus on the body and mind.
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.