I have been running on treadmill at the gym for some time. Recently, I decided to drive to a park and try running outdoor again. Now, I have this small issue which some of you may have encountered too. Where to keep the car keys? I can leave my phone at home and my house keys in the car, still, I have to find a place to hold my car key.
I spoke to few of runners and here are some of their interesting ways:
1) One of them actually hold the keys in hand while running. He told me that it is a matter of time to get used to it. But, I find it annoying to hold something in hand while exercising.
2) The easiest way is to get those running shorts with small inner pocket at the waist. Forget about those shorts with unsecured pocket at the back. Some runners actually lost their keys from that open pocket.
3) Some runners put their keys in their iPod armband. Same to wrist wallet.
4) Some tie the key to shoe laces. Another method is to stick the key under the criss-cross part of shoe laces on the top of your shoe. However, you will have to take key off from your key ring, otherwise, it may not fit into that little space beneath the shoe lace.
5) For those who run with running jacket, that is easy. Just put the keys into side pockets.
6) The other method I have tried is to pin the keys to my shirt. I realize that this method give me a benefit – because the sound of the keys jangling alerts people I am coming up behind, they usually move over for me. Also, if I drop the keys, I will know and can stop immediately.
7) Some female runners actually put it somewhere in their sports bra! I wonder how…
Any other better suggestion? Please share them below.
Category: Other Fitness/Sports Articles
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.