Most people have read about the benefits of exercising. Study after study shows that regular physical activity reduces the risk of heart disease and high blood pressure but many still choose not to working out.
Have you wonder why people hate to exercise? Now, here are some of the reasons I could think of:
- Fear and Intimidation. Before you want to play tennis, you worry about your friends may laugh at you for knowing nothing about the rules. You want to go swimming, but you fear that your big tummy will get unnecessary attention. You want to work out in gym but you feel embarrassed that you do not know how to use the machines. You want to join a dance class but you afraid that you have no rhythm in the aerobic classes. Because of the feeling of fear, many decided not to exercise.
- Lack of time. Lots of workaholics thought that they have to spend more than an hour to work out. Some people do not know how to manage their time and exercising is the last thing in their priority list. They have time for a pint of beer at the pub, but not a 45-minutes of jogging or even brisk walking after work.
- Impatient with slow results. Nowadays, people want to do everything fast and they want instant result. (Guess that is why instant noodle and fast food are popular). The truth is, seeing and feeling the benefits of exercise does take time. Many people give up too early before they get there. Some people are still looking for the magic exercise to lose fat and build muscles instantly.
- Money. Most people think they must have an expensive gym membership to start off. They want expensive branded sport shoes. They have the mindset – either I get that or I will never start exercising. Some think, “Let’s wait until I can pay the gym package. As for now, I will just eat my burger and watch TV.”
- Lack of support and motivation. Without the encouragement from spouse, friend, or family member, it is easy to give up. In fact, whatever the excuses are for hating to exercise, in the end, it is a lack of motivation that keeps us from exercising.
So, can the above mindset being changed?
Yes. It is the determination. Check out the article of How To Motivate Yourself To Exercise? Top 7 Secrets Finally Uncovered and also other article on Motivation category at the sidebar and read some of the inspiring stories there. You will be motivated to exercise and stay healthy!
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.