Lately, Santa Claus has come under fire and pressure to thin down. Some people have complained that Santa Claus overweight image has set a bad role model for the kids. So, they are having campaigns to get people to accept “thin” Santa Claus.
While these people are serious about the plan, I have thought of three possible reasons Santa Claus should consider slimming down:
- If Santa Claus is getting fatter, more reindeers may be needed to pull sleigh. Even if he drives big bike, more fuel will be needed and fuel price has been increasing since year 2005.
- Santa Claus may not be able to pass through the chimney.
- Also, Santa Claus may take longer breathe to say, “Ho…Ho….Ho………..Ho”
In fact, some kids in one part of the world thinks that Santa Claus should do something about his weight. An interesting survey was conducted in Spain lately. A poll of 4,000 spanish children between the age of 4 and 12 have these thoughts:
- 53 percent of them believe that Santa Claus was too fat
- 59 percent want Santa Claus should eat better to lose weight
- 19 percent think about Santa Claus should go to the gym
Having said that, the other camp of people prefer fat Santa Claus and therefore some of them have initiated “Keep Santa Fat” petition.
- Other than the three above reasons I mentioned half-jokingly why Santa Claus should lose weight, now seriously, I do not really think Santa Claus is a bad role model for kids because not many kids have used him as role model or icon of style. Santa Claus only appears once in a year and I doubt he has much influence when comes to healthy appearance. Celebrities or the cartoon characters are the one who are idolized by children.
- If people really want to get in shape, what about other role models for children? Take Superman for example. Are we telling that wearing underwear outside is the right thing to do?
- Santa Claus is not the one who makes children fat. It is the parents.
- Santa Claus may be overweight, but if he can deliver billions of presents to kids within a night, he is definitely more capable than many of us. Okay, I know that I am talking nonsense, but if you believe in the existence of Santa Claus, what I said make some sense, right?
- If people want Santa Claus to slim down this time, I just worried that animal lovers or People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) or World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) will want him to release his reindeers back to forest.
I am not saying being overweight is a good thing, but, come on, give Santa Claus a break.
Check out the article of What Gift To Buy For Man This Coming Christmas?
Category: Fitness News
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.
Found what you were looking for? If not, try searching for it below.