Just saw my little cousin sister toying with her hula hoop and my jaw dropped after seeing her doing it for more than 10 minutes. She had no problem in keeping the hula hoop going around her hips even when she was walking. I tried to do the same but I failed, even I just stood still trying to shake my butts to keep the thing going.
How about you? When is the last time you play hula hoop? I am sure, at one point of time when you are a kid, you have tried that too. For kids, they always play with hoops, by rolling and throwing them or twirling them around the waist and limbs. For adults, may be it is time we should consider hula hooping too.
Let’s look at what the benefits of hula hooping.
Benefits of Hula Hooping
- Exercise does not have to be dull. If you are not going for Group-X classes at gym, one of the most fun ways of exercising is playing with hula hoop. Instead of doing it for weight loss purpose, you should seek fun from hula hooping. Once you have fun, you will feel more energetic and weight loss will naturally come as the end result.
- Because of the involvement of abdominal and lower back muscle, you can build your core muscle strength. Your hips will be worked out too.
- Hula hoops can be a good source of coordination development. Using hula hoops may not build lots of muscle, nor give you the same cardiovascular workout as other forms of exercise, but the co-ordination skills you develop can make for some amusing performances.
- The good thing is that hula hoop is affordable and you can do it anywhere anytime. Just invest in one good hula hoop. You can shop for one at Amazon.
Latest Trend of Hula Hooping
- The new hula hoop is made with high technology. New hi-tech hoops are larger and slightly weighted so that the hoop can move around an adult body with ease.
- Some sports clubs in US even offer classes for hula hooping. You will have more fun when doing it together with others. Moreover, dance moves are addictive too. If you want to learn it yourself, DVDs are available.
The next time you are scratching your head what to buy for your friend (who thinking of losing some weight), consider buying her a hula hoop. In short, hula hoop will not provide us any miracle when come to weight loss. It is just one of the physical exercises. To lose weight, you still need to do other exercises and not to forget to watch your diet.
Category: Weight Loss
If you like this or other articles in this blog, Subscribe to MunFitnessBlog.com today. It is free.
Scroll down to leave a comment. I really want to know what you think.